Grow more, save space and increase profit with high-density mobile cultivations systems to take full advantage of what might be the greatest advancement in agriculture in the modern age: Vertical Farming.
What is Vertical Farming, and Why Should I Care?
What is Vertical Farming?
Vertical farming, sometimes referred to as “next-gen farming” is a way to make maximum use of space by growing crops in vertical layers.
It was developed at the end of the last century at Columbia University by Dr Dickson Despommier with the aim of vastly increasing yields within an existing footprint, with documented results that provided over 10x yields.
Applications such as hydroponics, aquaponics and aeroponics often incorporate vertical farming techniques to optimize plant growth and efficiency.
While the primary advantage of this style of agriculture was and is to increase yield within the existing space available, additional advantages include:
- Greater ability to cultivate a larger variety of crops because of the capacity to isolate varieties and strains
- All the advantages of indoor growing, such as resistance to weather and pests and complete control of the growing environment
- Additional advantages over traditional indoor operations in that the organization can better harvest economies of scale and crucially, amortize operational and core infrastructure costs over a significantly higher aggregate crop.
How can you take advantage of this to grow your agricultural business?
Products such as Montel’s “GROWRAK™, GROW&ROLL™ 8P or 8MA static grow racks, and their Hi-Bay Shelving Systems reclaim normally unused spaced to deliver more profit for you and for your organization.
We have a variety of off-the-shelf solutions that can add value and profit to your business that will pay dividends for years to come, that can be quickly and seamlessly integrated into your existing operations.
Need a custom solution?
Shelf Image can work with you to create a fully-customized solution to your organization’s needs, now and in the future.
Both routes offer significant advantages over more traditional techniques, such as:
- Multiple tiers for growing
- Seamless LED lighting
- Easily-integrated hydroponic technology
- Exemplary ventilation
- Stable, durable and flexible designs up to 35 feet (10.7m) in height.
- Shelf capacities up to 800lb (362 kg).
- Fully mobile-ready for maximum flexibility
- Fully interchangeable for shelves and specialized drawers
- Enhanced ergonomics, safety and consistency for your workers and for your bottom line!
Take your indoor farming to the next level with the cutting edge technology to get the edge over your competition.
Contact us today to find out how Shelf Image can help take your organization’s yield and profit to full potential.
Your future self will thank you!
Montel provides innovative indoor agriculture storage solutions, notably with the installation of LEDs lighting within the storage system to recreate natural production conditions. No more energy is wasted lighting empty aisles with Montel’s mobile racking solutions.
Let our innovative staff get you the solutions you need today.